Friday, December 6, 2013

Reluctance...

I wrote this post about a month ago, but forgot to publish...whoops! Hope y'all enjoy!

When I decieded to start a blog, I was excited and nervous to start something so new and unfamilier. This nervousness transformed into reluctance when I started thinking about telling friends and family about this new experience. Unfortunatly for me, my friends know me too well for something like a new blog to go unnoticed for any real length of time. I had hoped to improve my writing skills, photgraphy skills, and blogging skills in general before "going public". However, my friend Carmen decided that was NOT an option! I have to say that while my initial reaction was pure terror, I have now come to accept that my blog is out there for the world to see and judge. The most recent post on Carmen's blog, , she talks about my love for Ina Garten, and her recipe for the yummy stuffed mushrooms I brought to an engagement party last weekend. These mushrooms were SO good! We kept them hidden away on the stove because we were reluctant to share with the rest of the group! Terrible, I know, but completely understandable once you taste them!

  Stuffed Mushrooms
     -Adapted from Ina Garten

24 Large, stuffer mushrooms
4 Tbs good red wine
6 Tbs good olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 lb sweet italian sausage
1/2 small onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
3 Tbs fresh chopped parsley
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
8 oz mascarpone cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

First, separate mushroom caps from stems and place caps in a gallon size ziplock. Add in the red wine, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, a little salt, pepper and the garlic powder. Shake around until all the mushrooms are coated evenly, set aside. Chop up mushroom stems until fine, and set aside.
Next, heat remaining olive oil over med-high heat and brown sausage, crumbling it up with the back of a wooden spoon. Add in onion and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Next add chopped mushroom stems and minced garlic, cook for about 6 minutes until mushrooms are reduced. Toss in bread crumbs and stir until bread crumbs absorb all the liquid. Add in the parsley and parmesan and stir until combined. Finally add in the mascarpone and stir until melted and mixture is creamy and comes together. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Place mushroom caps in a baking dish and fill generously with stuffing. Cook at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes until mushrooms are soft and stuffing is browned.

Note: You will have filling left over! Use this to stuff chicken breasts or peppers as a yummy dinner option!


No comments:

Post a Comment